The Newair Ads-400 Dehumidifier Product Review_ Prevent Possible Health Risks

The NewAir ADS-400 is a small dehumidifier that helps you get rid of excess moisture in your home. This helps create a more comfortable environment in your home. It also helps you protect your furniture and electronic devices from water damage. It works best in small areas like bathrooms, closets or under-sink areas. The capacity for dehumidifying is 12 ounces per day at 86 degrees Fahrenheit and 80 percent relative humidity. The NewAir ADS-400 holds up to 32 ounces of water in its removable water tank so you don’t have to empty it very often. It also has a yellow indicator LED light that alerts you when the water tank is full. So you don’t have to worry about the water tank overflowing, the dehumidifier also has a automatic shut off feature that shuts the unit off when the tank is full.

This dehumidifier does not use chemical substances to absorb the moisture. It uses a thermo-electric Peltier motor as its cooling element. This technology eliminates the need to use a compressor. This means your dehumidifier is much lighter and very quiet. It is also much more environmentally friendly because of the Peltier technology. It uses a very low amount of energy (only 36 watts of power consumption). You can even use this dehumidifier to remove moisture from your car or truck. It comes complete with a car kit and a 12 volt adaptor.

One of the reasons to use a dehumidifier is to prevent mold from invading your home. Mold can cause a variety of health problems for you and your family. You might come in contact with mold by skin contact, ingestion or inhalation. Some health risks resulting from this exposure are allergic reactions, irritation and invasive disease.

When you have an allergic reaction it means the mold has cause an immune response in your body. You might have symptoms such as a runny nose, itchy and watery eyes, coughing, sneezing and throat irritation. You can even develop more chronic conditions such as sinusitis and asthma.

When fungi degrade substances to obtain nutrition, they produce Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). If you are exposed to high levels of these VOCs, your mucous membrane may become irritated. This can lead to headaches, decreased attention span, difficulty in concentration and dizziness.

A less common health risk associated with mold is invasive disease. Invasive disease does not affect healthy individuals. It is an opportunistic infection that affects people with abnormally functioning immune systems. An example of the kind of person this might affect is an individual with HIV/AIDS or someone who is receiving immunosuppressive drugs such as transplant or chemotherapy patients.

To prevent any of these health risks from affecting you or your family, consider using a dehumidifier to remove the excess moisture from your home. It could prevent a lot of discomfort or possibly a serious infection in the future.