Many people find moving from one place to another as a very tedious process. There are many tasks which need to be carried out effectively with proper planning. This is the reason people consider it convenient to hire the services of a moving company. The movers can take care of all aspects related to the moving process to help you relax.
There are different types of moving companies that help in handling various packing, moving and relocating needs. Depending on your need and requirement, you may need the services of a specific type of moving company. The first step in planning a smooth move is to choose the right type of moving company. The type of move you are about to undertake will play an important role in selecting the right service. Moving abroad and moving to a building down the road are two different things and require different types of moving companies to handle the shifting.
Learning about different types of companies will help in choosing one that perfectly matches your requirement. Here are different types of movers you can choose from:
–Local – Moving locally means moving from one place to another within the city without crossing state borders. Different types of companies have different types of permits, therefore if you are planning to move locally, it will be a good idea to look for a company that performs local moves as you can get good deals from them. Most movers consider a move as local if it is within the distance of 50 to 100 miles.
– Long Distance – It means moving within the same state, but the destination is more than 100 miles away from your current residence.
– Interstate – It involves relocating to a new state, irrespective of the distance. The cost will depend on the weight and quantity of your inventory and the type of service you choose.
– International – There are moving companies who specialize in relocation services from one country to another. The company you choose should have all the resources for coordinating and carrying out international moves. The cost will depend on the volume of shipment in cubic meters or cubic feet.
Movers can also be classified on the basis of service they offered:
– Full service – These companies handle all types of relocation needs. They not only offer transportation services, but also packing, loading, unpacking and unloading services.
– Self-service – Companies offering such service only handles the transportation part of packing and moving. Other parts are handled by the consumers.